M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D.,
Professor at Canara Bank School of Management Studies (CBSMS) (Post Graduate Department of Management)
Bangalore University, Central College Campus,
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Beedhi, Bangalore–560001
Member-Secretary, Karnataka State Innovation Council (Government of Karnataka)
On deputation to Karnataka Jnana Aayoga (Karnataka Knowledge Commission)
Government of Karnataka, As Member-Secretary & Executive Director
at Room no 219, II Floor, Vidhana Soudha, Bangalore- 560 233
Ph no: 080-2203 3297 and 2225 0330
- From December, 2008 till date, working as Member-Secretary & Executive Director of Karnataka Knowledge Commission (Government of Karnataka) on deputation. The work profile includes visioning for building knowledge society, networking with experts, interface with Government departments, piloting certain innovative ideas, facilitation in policy making and advocacy.
- From the Year 1999 till 2008, worked at Canara Bank School of Management Studies (Post Graduate Department of Management) Bangalore University, Bangalore as ‘Reader’ and ‘Professor’. Courses handled at MBA are Communication Skills, Managerial Communication, Marketing Management, Marketing of Services, Compensation Management, Business Negotiations, Training & Development and Business Ethics and Values.
- From the Year 1979 to 1999, worked full time at Vijaya College, Bangalore. Joined as ‘Lecturer’ and promoted to the post of ‘Senior Lecturer’. The specialization subjects that I was handling were Income Tax, Banking and Marketing.
- Member of the research team on ‘Developing Grassroots leadership in School Education Department of Karnataka‘ as part of ‘Indian Management Research Award, 2009 jointly given by Emerald group of publications, UK and All India Management Association.
- Member of the research team on “Internationalization of Small and Medium enterprises- Study of critical factors” funded by Korea Institute of Science and Technology.
- From April, 2004 to February, 2007, I was the Principal Investigator for the research project, “Study of Interaction between Technical Institutions and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Science and Technology Sector”. This has been sponsored by the NSTMIS Division of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- From January, 2006 to June, 2006, I was the principal investigator of two consultancy research projects “Exploration of strategy to convert personalized mode travelers into BMTC commuters in the city of Bangalore” and “Study of travel pattern and needs of BMTC commuters at Subhashnagar bus stand”. These were sponsored by Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) as consultancy studies for formulating their strategies for future.
- From June, 2004 to May, 2005, I was the project coordinator of a research project “Human resources in call centre industry–An exploration of potential and challenges” sponsored by National Association of Service and Software Companies (NASSCOM) and undertaken jointly by Canara Bank School of Management Studies, Department of Psychology, Bangalore University and National Institute for Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS).
- Course coordinator for two training programmes for employees of LRDE during 3rd to 8th of March,08 and 24th to 29th March, 08 at Administrative Training Institute, Mysore
- Project Leader and Course Coordinator of 147 days of Management Development Programme in a residential mode conducted for 123 select officers of Department of Public Instruction, Govt. of Karnataka during February and August, 2007. This was organized by Policy Planning Unit and Ajim Premji Foundation and was funded by World Bank under IDF grants. This assignment included identification of training needs, selection of participants, and design of content, building a resource team, delivery, guidance of 400 projects, module development, test delivery, pilot delivery and certification of participants.