M.A., M.Phil and Ph.D
Prof. in Sanskrit (HOD) at Vidya Vardhaka Sangha First Grade College For Women, Basaveshwarnagar, Bangalore.
- Debut at the age of 16 – Karnataka Ganakala Parishat, Bangalore
- Performed at all leading Sabha-s and music organizations of the country and abroad.
- Extensively toured the US for musical performances.
- Performed at Ravindra Kalakshetra, Bangalore during SAARC Summit- 1985
- Performed at the “AKKA Vishwasammelan – 2010” at New Jersey, USA
- Given performances and conducted workshops in various states of North America
- Composed and presented Ragamalika-Talavadhana-Pallavi-s
- Written and directed several music programmes for Radio and TV.
- Produced and directed several audio cassettes and CDs which are popular among connoisseurs
- Composed Music for Dance-Dramas, such as Gitagovindam, Abhijnanashakuntalam, Dakshayajna…
- Presented papers and Lec-dems on various topics at prestigious Conferences and Seminars – State, National & International.
- Published a number of articles in journals & periodicals.
- Delivered lectures from many a platform such as Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Indian Institute of World Culture, and the Madras Music Academy …
- Translated the section on music in “Manasollasa” published from the Karnatak University Dharwad.
- Co-ordinated and given Sanskrit lessons under samskruta-samskruti series for Jnanavani-FM channel IGNOU
- Member , Board of Studies, Bangalore University (2006 – 2008)
- Chair person , Board Of Examiners , Bangalore University (2009-2010)
- Edited Sanskrit textbooks for undergraduate courses
- Authored “CHATUSHASHTIKALA (64 arts)” – A book published from Gandhi centre for Science and Human values of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
- Served as external examiner for P.G. exams in music -Bangalore University and Diploma course in music Hampi University.
- External evaluator of thesis for the award of Ph.D.- Hampi University, Karnatak University & Mysore University
- Member – Karnataka Sangeetha Nrutya Academy – 2001-04
- Resource person – Indira Gandhi National centre for the arts, Southern Region.
- Brought out “PANCHAMRUTAM” – A set of 5 tutoring CDs on the Pancharatna kritis of Saint Thyagaraja
- Directed CDs on Haridasa compositions and vachanas for the Department of Kannada and culture
- Directed and conducted 21 episodes of “Haadu Hakki” – A music appreciation project for children undertaken by Ananya and sponsored by IFA
- Directed and conducted “Kalaswada” – Karnatak Classical music appreciation DVD for Karnataka Sangeetha Nrutya Academy
- “Haribhakti Saara” – an audio CD for Kanakadasa Samshodhana Pratishthana , Mangalore
- Nominated member for the Syndicate of „Karnataka Sanskrit University‟.
- Imparting advanced training to many deserving students. Many are performing artistes of recognition.
- Conducted a number of training programmes on aspects such as Manodharma Sangeetha, Compositions of Mysore Sadashiva Rao, Muthuswamy Dikshitar, Vadiraja, Kanakadasa, Kriti-s exclusively in Sanskrit and Pancharatna kriti-s.
- Resource person at refresher courses for lecturers in music.
- Performing disciples– Vid.s‟ Maruti Prasad, T S Krishnamurthy (Violin) , Amruth Nagsundar (USA) ,Renuka Rudrapatna, Archana Bhoj, Shilpa Shashidhar, Ashwini Satish, Sangeetha Sreenidhi (veena), Vasanthalakshmi, Rajeshwari Nagendraprakash, Jayashree Santhanam, Lakshmi, Jayalakshmi, Maitreyi Raju, Swarnalatha Jyotiprakash, Anjana P Rao, Sruti, Lavanya K and Nandita (USA).
- Best Lec-dem – Madras Music academy 1985 & 1995
- Best Young Musician – Madras Music academy – 1986
- “GANAKALASHREE‟, Karnataka Ganakala Parishat– 1995
- “ANANYA PURASKARA‟ from GML Cultural academy – 1996 “GANAVISHARADE‟ from Aryabhata Cultural Association
- “NADAJYOTI PURASKARA‟- 1998
- “GANACHATURDANDI‟ – Sri Guruguha Sangeetha Mahavidyalaya-1998 “BEST ARTISTE OF THE CONFERENCE‟ Award of the Karnataka Ganakala Parishat – 1999
- “GANA SWARA SHASTRA PRAVEENE” – Sri Valmiki Gamaka Patashala, Mysore – 2001
- “NADACHINTAMANI” – Chintamani Gayana Samaja – 2003 “KALABHUSHANA” – Thyagaraja Gana Sabha,Bangalore- 2004
- “GANA VAARIDHI” – Ganakalabhushana M.A.Narasimhachar Foundation, Bangalore – 2006
- “KARNATAKA SANGEETHA KALARATNA” – Kannada Abhimanigala Balaga, Bangalore – 2006
- “SANGEETHA SAHITYA VINODINI” – Sankethi Sangeetha Sabha, Mattur -Hosahalli, Shimoga – 2007
- “ROTARY INNER WHEEL – KALASHA AWARD” – 2008 Honoured by Mico Fine Arts Society , Bangalore – 2008
- Honoured with the title “SANGEETHA SARASWATI” – Bhakti Bharathi Pratishthaana, Bangalore – 2009
- Honoured with the title “GAANAHAMSA” – Naadahamsa Academy of Music, Bangalore – 2009
- Honoured with “VIDYAARNAVA” – Gokulam School of Music, Bangalore – 2009 “Asthana Vidushi‟ – Avani Shankar Mutt, Bangalore – 2010
- Honoured by NATYAVEDA, Mallige Kannada Sangha, College Station (USA) – 2011
- “Asthana Vidushi‟ – ISCKON, Bangalore – 2011
Contact : 296, 5th main road, Mahalakshmi Layout Bangalore – 560086
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Web : www.tssathyavathi.com