Prof. Shobha Sundaresan
- M.Com (Management), University of Bombay
- M.Ed., University of Bombay
- M.S. (Counselling & Psychotherapy), Kuvempu University.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India, Mumbai (21-05-84 to 14- 09-86)
- The Synthetic and Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council, Ministry of Commerce, Mumbai (15-09-86 to 28-04-88)
TEACHING: A career of 34 years in teaching
- Swami Vivekanand Junior College, Mumbai from 13-06-88 to 12-06-95
- Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women, Bangalore from 17-07-95 till May 18
Currently re-appointed by the college to steer institutional growth and to mentor the Internal Quality Cell.
- Chief Executive Head – Disha: Prerana – Faculty Development Program
- First rank with distinction in M.S. (Counselling and Psychotherapy) Examination of Kuvempu University
- Dr. Radhakrishnan Trophy for the ‘Best Teacher’ in Mumbai instituted by the Indian Express group & Suman Education Foundation
- Best Participation Award at the Seminar on “Management Education at Crossroads” organised by Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, Bangalore.
- Radha Anant’s Memorial Prize for meritorious work in practice teaching
- Late Yeshwantrao Kelkar Memorial Prize instituted by the ABVP for securing 1st Rank in the College at the B.Ed degree examination
- Prof. Mahadevrao Worlikar’s Memorial Prize for securing 1st Rank in the College at the B.Ed degree examination
- Chembur Education Society’s President’s Prize for securing First Class at the B.Ed degree examination
- G.N. Sardesai’s Prize for outstanding performance at the B.Ed. degree examination
- Rotating Shield for best overall performance in the inter-collegiate essay writing competition in Mumbai
- Conducted a workshop titled, “Cultivating Habits for Effective Living” for II PUC students of MLA PU College on 10th July 2008
- Appointed as Educational Counsellor by the PU board during February 2009 and March 2009 to provide tele-counselling services to students in Karnataka
- Co-ordinated a group discussion on “Management of job stress among working women” at the Indian Association of Lady Veterinarians, Karnataka Chapter on 18thMarch 2009
- Delivered a lecture at the UGC sponsored one day workshop on “Are women managers different from men managers?” organised by the Department of Management Studies, Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College on 20th March 2010
- Transacted Manual IV titled ‘Managing Personal and Professional Roles’ at the UGC sponsored ‘Capacity Building for women managers in higher education’ –SAM Workshop at Government First Grade College Vijayanagar Bangalore on 01st Mar 2011
- Smt .K.S. Jigalur Arts and Commercee Women College Dharwad on 17th March 2011\
- NMKRV College For Women Jayanagar Bangalore on 10th June 2011
- Sahayadri Science College (Autonomous) Shimoga on 23rd June 2011
- Conducted a workshop titled Woman – ‘A Homemaker and a Professional’ on 28th August 2011 at Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women
- Appointed as resource person at the UGC sponsored, Training of Trainers workshop on Capacity Building of Women Managers in higher education organised by Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College from 20th to 25th February 2012.
- Project Report Valuation and Viva-Voce examinership at CMR Institute of Management Studies on 25th April 2012.
- Resource person at a seminar titled ‘Creating pathways to success’ on 28th Sept 2012 at Sahyadri Science College (Autonomous), Shimoga for Final year B.Sc Students.
- Appointed as resource person at the UGC sponsored Management Skills Enhancement Modules Workshop for transacting the module on Human Resource Management in institutions of higher education organised by University of Hyderabad from 29th October to 3rd November 2012.
- Co-ordinator – DISHA [An organisation focussing upon enriching lives through values].
- Co-ordinator – SAMRUDDHI [ An association focussing upon selfless service for character development and harmonious existence with the environment].
- Co-ordinator of Faculty Development Programmes.
“A study of difficulties faced by teachers of junior colleges in teaching commerce”
SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Two day seminar on “Management Education at Crossroads” conducted by Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College on 22nd and 23rd September 2001
- Four day workshop on TQM conducted by College for Leadership and Human Resources Development from 20th October 2003 to 23rd October 2003
- One day seminar on “Emerging trends in Management” conducted by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women on 15th December 2003
- Four day workshop on “Creative Teaching” conducted by the International Academy for Creative Teaching from 22nd March 2004 to 25th March 2004
- One day seminar on “Management Education and Practices – What can be learnt from ancient wisdom?” conducted by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women on 1st September 2004
- One day workshop on “Establishment of Business Lab” conducted by the Department of Commerce, Bangalore University on 20th August 2005
- One day workshop on “Skill development and Curriculum orientation for BBM-V Semester” organised by the Bangalore University Teachers’ Council of Commerce and Management on 12th August 2006
- Two day seminar on “Mentoring Practices in Institutions of Higher Education” organised by the Christ College on 11th and 12th November 2006
- One day seminar on “New Methodology for Reaccreditation” organised by MLA First Grade College for Women on 29th December 2008
- Five day UGC sponsored “Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education-Sensitivity /Awareness/Motivation” workshop organised by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women from 19th January 2009 to 23rd January 2009
- NAAC sponsored two day national conference on “Quality Assurance and Sustenance in Higher Education” conducted by BSV Arts and Commerce College for Women on 7th and 8th May 2009
- Faculty development workshop on “Value Initiatives to Enhance Quality in Education” organised jointly by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women and DISHA on 2nd September 2009
- One day seminar on “Quality in Higher Education through Best Practices” organised by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women on 10th October 2009
- Six day UGC sponsored “Capacity Building of Women Managers-Training of Trainers” workshop organised by Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College from 8th to 13th February 2010
- One day faculty development workshop titled ”Value Intitiatives to enhance quality in education” organised by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women on 7th August 2010
- Two day faculty development workshop titled “Holistic approach to teaching in higher education” organised by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women on 21st & 22nd August 2010
- UGC sponsored Management Skills Enhancement Modules Workshop on HRM and Financial Managements in institutions of higher education organised by Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College from 12th to 17th September 2011.
- UGC sponsored Management Skills Enhancement Workshop on Team Building and Decision Making and Recognition and Elimination of Sexual Harassment in institutions of higher education organised by PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore from 30th July to 3rd August 2012.
- Pursue research in the field of education.
- Provide guidance to children with learning difficulties.
- Facilitate personality development of students.
- Engage in social and community projects.